Sjögrens Feedback

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have recently been diagnosed with Sjogrens. i would say my biggest complaints are dry mouth, fatigue and leg pain. How do you address these symptoms? Leg pain inhibits sleep. i have already seen a neurologist and orthopaedic . Appreciate any input.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Leg pain, take 500mg Magnesium an hour before bed. Believe me, it's a life safer. For fatigue and dry mouth, a lot of people swear by Plaquenil, I am afraid to start it because of all the side effects but I may try it soon. It's hard being a SAHM of 2 toddlers with this fatigue! Good luck!

• Posted

thanks! i tried PLAQUINEL but developed a rash. will try magnesium!

• Posted

I just started a lose dose of Lyrica I take at bed time and will gradually increase it per Dr. Honestly it is not working yet but may need time to kick in. Hope you find something that works!

• Posted

Try Alpha Lipoic Acid up to 1800 mg per day, break this up into 2 or 3 doses, best taken without food. Also, I find Neurontin 800 mg helps make my burning leg and low back pain tolerable. I also, take the Magnesium. Hope this helps some.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.