Sjögren's with deviated septum anyone?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I recently learned from my ENT that I have a deviated septum. He said these are common and didn't seem to think much of it. He did request a CT of my sinuses but hasn't got back to me as he said he would if anything untoward showed. This was regarding a strange numbness and pressure on the left side of my face and at the base of my nose. But then I do have a very neurological type of Sjögren's. 

I was referred to him for intermittent nose bleeds, sore throat and constant tinnitus but he only saw me in person when GP referred me because I was waking with overnight blood clots in my throat. He said all was Sjögren's dryness which seems  fair enough to me . 

But since then I've thought about this more and I've realised that I failed to mention a lifetime of insomnia from waking with nasal congestion and very dry mouth. I can only sleep on one side because one nostril doesn't really function.

So my question is - has anyone here  had surgery to correct a deviated septum and if so, has it helped with your sleep?  

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Tumtum,

Everyone is different in their healing process and lastly its in your hands to chose whats right for you. I had the same surgery 2 months ago and thats when everything changed for me. My recommendation to you is, make sure you have a full workup before having the surgery. I won't lie, it is a difficult surgery. I don't want to persuade you in either direction because my experience may not be yours. Ask your GP to test your blood for any deficiencies, inflammation etc. I wish you the best of luck and will be praying for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.