Sjogren's and dry skin

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. Another symptom / question from me as a new symptom seems to be emerging.

My entire nose is starting to get very red. For some time just the tips of my nasal passages burned.

Now my entire nose is visibly red and quite sensitive. Also the sides of my nose are sensitive. Just like a burning feeling. Anyone get this? I've just red that "dry skin" I guess can be an issue. So i suppose does this refer to any part of the body then i guess. Im just getting a little creeped out with these symptoms thats all.

Had gone swimming and to sauna the other day. Well actually i am going 2-3 times per week. Pool does have chlorine i think. Never been a problem before. Nor have i had any kinds of skin issues in the past.

Many thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh Chris, yes symptoms keep appearing. I use a saline nose spray, plus a decongestant spray. And I cannot go near chlorine, which is used in pools. Keep positive. When I make porridge in the morning, I add organic olive oil and cold-pressed avocado oil. I cook with them too. And use emollients on your skin. Hope this helps.

• Posted

I was suffering for a couple of years with a very itchy nose. I saw an allergist and she treated me with all kinds of things and nothing worked. Then one day I decided to start using saline in my nose several times a day. Miraculously it stopped my nose from the incessant itching. So then I added a humidifier in my bedroom and it has helped immensely. But if you're nose is red I would suspect an infection of some sort. Possibly even a fungal infection.

• Posted

Dry skin is a part of Sjogren's. I Never had eczema before this. Try to avoid hot water and use a lotion for skin. Blessings, donna

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.