Sjogren's sufferer - what blood group

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi, I'm new to this forum! I was finally diagnosed with Sjegren's only a year ago, however, I was diagnosed over 4 years ago with either Sarcadosis, Sjegren's, PBC for some reason were not conclusive. Understandably, due to the initial uncertainty of my condition I have begun to research our vast world of information. I have been looking into each sufferer's blood group. I would appreciate your feedback if you suffer with SS, on your condition, diagnosis and blood group. 

3 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi, I have RA,  RV, Sjogren's, Bronchiectasis, Nodular Prurigo, Lichen Simplex, Psuedomonas colonies in my lungs, high blood pressure (getting higher as I'm on steroids) and I'm being treated for breast cancer. Blood group is O positive.
    • Posted

I'm sorry honey, it can sometimes be so hard but I do believe there is always a bright shinning light up ahead. I too was on steroids for two long years, it was horrible! Then they gradually reduced and stopped them but there was severe deterioation with my liver results and the granulomas had returned. I have now been off steroids for 18 months and intend to stay off them. Stay positive. Stress is the worse thing. Eat only pure, uncomplex food! Have you tried Bowen? 

Do you mind me asking whether you have children or have had miscarriages? xx

• Posted

My eldest daughter lost twins about 2 years ago. I think she's same blood group as me but has no autoimmune disease and I hope she never does. sad
  • Posted

Hi Caroline, I just have Sjogrens but have been more or less in remission for about five years now. And yes, that can happen - like all auto-immune conditions it can disappear in a very short time!

It started 20 years ago with a ragbag of symptoms nobody could put together - dry mouth and dry eyes, both with bleeding, painful sores at the corners, generalised joint pains (but particularly in my hands), Reynaud's syndrome, peripheral neuropathy in hands and feet, under-active thyroid etc. 10 years to get a diagnosis (on the basis of salivary gland antibiodies in my blood-stream). I only got symptom-based treatment - all they're prepared to offer in my neck of the woods - but am actually quite pleased about that. I wouldn't like to have to go on steroids.

Anyway, five years ago, at age 65, it suddenly cleared up. Just like that! Well, more or less. I still have achey joints some days, but that's normal at 70, and I've had a bit of a problem with dry, sticky eyes during the last six months ago, but that's it.

I'm O Positive, but so are most people so I don't think that's significant.

Good luck with the condition, and don't give up hope. Remission can come out of the blue.

• Posted

Hello my blood group is o positive. I used to give blood until every new tablet I was put on they had to keep looking up to be sure it would be alright. The last times they were concerned for what affect it might have on me.
    • Posted

Thank you, have you ever miscarried or have children who are rhesus negative? I'm still unsure what I'm thinking here as so far there has been little consistency with conditions, but every angle is worth research!
    • Posted

Hello, no I thank God I have never miscarried, and have two beautiful grown children. No also that isn't their group.
  • Posted

Hello Caroline,

I live in NH

I have blood type At 30years ago diagnosed with Lupus .and in November 2014 with Sjogren's . Fibromyalga,Ostoarthritis, I also have had 5 misscarages they said I have an Rh- blood I too have 2 Beautiful Children in ther early thirtys and 2 Beautiful granddaughters 6+4 I have problems with stuffy head I can't breath through my nose at night .my eyes are always dry what can I do.I just don't take drugs western drugs mess me up can't function on them .I started with Actupuncher. Was diagnosed with frozen shoulder Dec.2014 very painful.

• Posted

Hello Caroline-Ian. Have only recently been diagnosed with Sjogrens but have had it for over 20 years, undiagnosed. Seems to flare up from time to time last break was for 8 -10 years but now back with a vengeance. My blood group is A neg. Interesting topic.  
  • Posted

Interesting avenue to pursue. I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and jump from hypo to hyper; and have sjogrens with lymphoplasmcytic infiltrate; fatigue and weakness; constant lung infections; unable to run like I used to; yards yada yada.... I have A negative blood. My mom is Western European and swears rh negative holders are stronger (she is 85 with stage 4 cancer dancing and singing like a 35 year old) and she is O negative but I feel worse than I have my whole life. I hate the current disability but happy to be alive and fighting to regain strengths! Hope this info contributes to your research.
  • Posted

I think it is very important to establish the truth about Sjogren's and blood type and genetics. I hope everyone will respond to this thread with this information. My blood type is O pos and my father and his sister both have sjogrens. We are of Scotch/Irish/English heritage. Otherwise extraordinarily healthy.  Again, everyone please reply to figure out the link. 
    • Posted

O pos - but then so are most people, so I'm afraid that won't get you very far. English/Scottish/Indian. Not aware of anyone other than me having SS but mother and maternal grandmother both had RA and mother had Reynaud's as well.
  • Posted

Hi Carolina,                      

I was diagnosed with sarcoidosis a year ago and I have been on prednisone about 5 months. My blood type is AB negative and whenever I became pregnant or had a baby I was always given a shot. 

• Posted

Hi Caroline-Ian,

i am rh o negative, I have successfully produced one child. Had the blood product shot after. She is o positive and staring to show sings that match me sad  Knew having anymore babies would be bad for me and baby so never tried  for more..I am currently on the search for a diagnosis. I feel sjogrem's fits but blood work does not match. Have a lip biopsy coming up soon. Eye are so dry I'm on restasis everyday. Thyroid slightly out of whack and antibodies rising about (1500) but it's the one they associate with tracking thyroid cancer so family doctor disregards it (thyroglobulin) I think it's called.  I see a  respirologysts  (can't spell) tomorrow, they want to rule out asthma. In the mean time the ent found I have a vocal cord that is not working so I'm booked for a ct scan. Fingers crossed. Have had sore throat for 4 weeks straight, longest time ever. Trying a nose spray for post nasal drip. Can't clear my throat cough up nothing clear my throat to no avail all the time to the point of feeling like everyone around me must be ssying....shut up! That all for now. Just felt like putting my two cents in smile. Take care everyone. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.