Sjogren's Symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

It is amazing how one doctor doesn't have all of the answers and we are passed off from one doctor to the next. My fatigue started in 2007 and other symptoms started in 2015 and my bloodwork comes back in the normal range. I am waiting for my doctor to verify whether they want to complete a lip biopsy or saliva swab. Previously the only symptoms I was informed about with Sjogrens is dry eyes and dry mouth. Reading the discussions I found similar to me memory issues, vitamin d deficiency, stomach issues, joint/muscle pain, and heart palpitations. Has anyone had ankle/feet swelling?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have but have for yrs My problem now is Numbness of both legs.  I have vibration feeling in my body and Twitching. Neuro Dr is going to do a EEG Video  To see id brain or muscle activity.  My GP Dr says he thinks my Muscle disease's is what it is. My connective tissues deteriorating.  My legs cold and numb with swelling maybe Reynaud's dis   So right now I am in limbo.  I was diag this month with Sjogren's Syndrome and in 1998 POLYMYOSITIS.  I am wondering how long will I have to deal with Sjogren's before going into remission?  I have had it since December

• Posted

What test was completed for your Polymyositis diagnosis? Did you have any relatives that had medical issues regarding muscle weakness? My dad had polio when he was a child.
    • Posted

I had muscle biopsy to make sure it was POLYMYOSITIS.  My niece has Dermatomyositis. There are cousin with these did that have them 
    • Posted

I just had a muscle biopsy.  I also am positive for SSA antibodies - but is 115 mean it is Sjogren's if <100 is normal?

Very frustrating - yes, I have memory issues and neuropathy too!  If those are possible Sjogren's symptoms, why does everything I read seem to focus on dry mouth and dry eyes?  Does anyone think that since older people tend to get (be diagnosed with) Sjogren's, they ignore their memory issues and pain from Sjogren's?

• Posted

I am new to Sjogren's Syndrome I have no idea what the symptoms. So I don't have positive bloodwork. It started in December I had dry mouth memory loss I thought it was from Percocet.  I have such memory lose I would be in a conversation that I started and as soon as the person answer me I had no idea  what the subject was I was embarrassed but didn't say anything. I told my G He said well not dementia. That was it.   I finally went to a Neuro Dr because I was afraid of Alz.  He did EEG Memory lose and MRI of the Brain Everything was fine but I didn't feel fine.  In Jan I had dry eyes which I had and didn't notice,  Then in January also my Parotid Gland swelled us like a balloon.  That started me going to 8 diff Dr's and all 8 said Secca from one  and Sjogren's the other 7.  I never told them what other Dr's thought They said Sojgren's. There is so much more happening with me Pain, Vibration Cold feet. twitching etc I am scared I want all this to go away. They treat Sjogren's as per symptom that's it. So Yes I am waiting for it to go into remission.  If it does?  So Yes there is more to Sjogren's thean just dry moth and dry eyes for me. Oh yes swelling in mouth with thick mucus

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.