Sjogren's + Vasculitis

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there. I've noticed a few times that after standing relatively still for long periods of time (i.e. at a concert), the lower half of my legs is covered with a strange rash by the end of the evening. It's not itchy, not painful, but very visible. Of course, standing for long periods of time is painful on my joints, etc., but the rash itself isn't painful. With that though, my feet often feel strangely swollen and hot after lots of standing; that part is a little painful. I finally looked it up last night after it happening again and came upon something called "Vasculitis." I've made an appointment with a Rheumatologist to discuss further, but I'm curious to know if others have have experienced this. I generally ignore my symptoms and power through because I'm no fan of fussing, but this strikes me as a little stranger than dry eyes and creaky joints. Thanks!

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Tessa, 

Do you have post-nasal drip on one side or perhaps both sides? Do you have a sensitivity to cold or wind? That could also be the source of your cough

• Posted

Hi Jordan, I think you were meaning to reply to me - Tessa was complaining of swollen legs and a rash.

Yes, I do have a persistent post-nasal drip, like a lot of SS sufferers I believe, but in my experience that causes a different kind of cough - the dry, tickly kind, especially in the night.

This was a typically tight, asthmatic cough with production of clear mucus, and it was the latter that got my doctor concerned about inflammation. I'm not specially sensitive to cold, except when it's extreme and combined with poor air quality. That can set me off wheezing, but it doesn't happen very often. I avoid over-exercising outdoors on days like that, but they don't happen too often where I live. I have a known tree pollen allergy, and had walked past a park on the way to the doctor's office, which was clearly what had sparked off this particular coughing fit.

I'm going to get my lung capacity properly checked to rule out early COPD, as I don't think the gizmo doctors use in their offices is all that reliable.

• Posted

Yes, a pulmonary dr who can monitor you with breathing tests can help you avoid what affects you is best. 
  • Posted

Diagnosed with vasculitis in 2011, as in 2013. I too have the same problem and dark bruised on my lower arms and legs. Not much joint pain
  • Posted

Hi There just wondered how you are at the moment?

I have vasculitis on mostly my lower legs. Because I've been standing a lot today it's not too good. So I'm resting now and my legs are tingling .It's just a reminder it's still there !😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.