Sjogrens

Posted , 8 users are following.

i have had sjogrens since I was 41 years old, I'm now 74 . I've been told there's nothing can be done for it, it's just as I've got older I ache more and get extremely tired,I do go out walking with my dog to get some exercise, have a sit down , then do a few jobs , then sit down and so forth , sjogrens is not life threatening, but it changes your life completely .but it's nice to keep in touch with people who has this horrible conditition . I wish you all well, your not alone.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just another thought, Maureen. You do get regular blood tests, don't you? At our age we're subject to all kinds of problems that can also cause fatigue, like anaemia, type 2 diabetes and thyroid problems. Particularly the latter if you have Sjogren's, as many auto-immune conditions will attack the thyroid gland. I knew I'd had symptoms of an under-active thyroid for several years (hair loss, weight gain, fatigue, constipation) before my doctor finally put me on a low dose of thyroxine. I have to say that this has improved things considerably - at least I've stopped losing excessive amounts of hair, even if the hair I lost during those years never grew back.
    • Posted

Thank youLily for your advice, I do take notice of everything people tell me, it's good to know I'm not suffering alone, all the best ,I do wish you well. 🎀
  • Posted

Hi Maureen do you live in the UK? If so you are most welcome to join British Sjogren's a FB group for those with Sjogren's Syndrome in the UK. We are members of the BSSA the charity for Sjogren's in the UK? 
    • Posted

Thank you Pam, I have been thinking of joining and I think I will, I may get some good advice, good luck 🎀
    • Posted

Hi Maureen the BSSA will be on your search engine. Ask to speak to Heather. We are having a conference this year it's in London and is sold out! I think next year it will be in Swindon. The BSSA have a forum for information. local groups for froendship, and if you like FB British Sjogren's is a FB group run by BSSA members for friendship and encouragement
    • Posted

Hi Pam, I'm interested in joining your group, if you could give me details.

also I live in Swindon so would be able to come to your next discussion  

thanks a lot 🎀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.