Sjogrens and echinecea

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just came down with a terrific cold . Doctor said to buy airborne . I researched the ingredients and one of them is echinecea . I looked it up and it says that people with lupus and autoimmune shouldn’t take echinecea. Has anyone had any problems taking echinecea ? Thanks .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes I had problems with ecinachea and never take it now. I have an auto immune disorder. The problem is it stimulates the immune system and our immune system is already over active so not a great idea. It made me feel quite ill. I took it before diagnosis.
    • Posted

Thank you Margaret and Paula that makes more sense. Airborne has echinecea in it even though it doesn’t say how much but I have been taking a tablet a day and I wasn’t feeling any better . So I will stop and see what happens . Can either one of you recommend some vitamins that would be safe when you are dealing with autoimmune problems . Thank you so much 
  • Posted

I took it before my sjogrens diagnosis and got sick.  It put me in a flare!
    • Posted

Thank you, that is interesting, it might be a test worth trying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.