Sjogrens and yogurt

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have been eating one yogurt a day to help my digestion .Then just recently  I read that people with autoimmune diseases shouldn’t eat yogurt that has S. Thermophilus . Has anyone ever heard of this ? Thanks .

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I haven't heard that one, I did eat one every day, I have Sjogrens to, I started taking Ultimate Flora Probiotic  one a day, it has really helped my indgestion.

• Posted

What's the reason it should be avoided? I don't worry much about yogurt strains, ear some local plain Bulgarian yogurt & a little of 2 other brands

• Posted

It said that people with compromised immune systems may be at higher risk for adverse events . 
    • Posted

SS doesn't compromise our immune systems. They are talking about people on chemo, people with AIDS and some other diseases, not us. Except of course for those who have SS plus other immune-threat diseases.

• Posted

I am new to the diagnosis myself (about 6 months) and have never heard this.  I would like to know as well.  I am lactose intolerant, but can still eat a small container of Greek yogurt (not regular yogurt).  If I eat more than that, it plays havoc on my digestive system.  
  • Posted

Hiya Sunflower13, I’ve never heard of this...I make my own cheese from yoghurt have done for over 15 years now and I have 3 autoimmune conditions, the dr says that its very good for me, careful what you hear and read, make sure your reading from a reputable site. I make Kefir-it is kind of like yoghurt,  it has to have have a SCOBY please google it, I also make Kombucha it also has a mother like ginger beer, it’s a wonderful drink and the both contain lots of good bacteria like yoghurt. Hope you find what your looking for soon, be blessed and have a good day.💐😍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.