Sjogrens, Lichen Sclerosis and Now Lyme! Yippee

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, I now have two auto immune conditions, sjogrens and Lichen Sclerosis - the sjogrens ive had symptoms for 5 months now, most likely triggered by a tramatic event or an infection. I was now just diagnosed with B. Bulgdorferi, aka Lyme disease. AK!!! And now the more I learn, the more I understand that Lyme triggers auto immune disease, so although Im pretty devastated and dealing with this as calmly as I can, Im pretty bummed out. But, Im also thinking this makes sense. So the science says that if you put the lyme into remission, you can put the auto immune conditions in remission. Im doing the Auto Immune Protocol diet to eliminate all food triggers and will continue with it for a while. Im just wondering if anyone here has a similar diagnosis! Thanks!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Not a similar diagnosis but I have Behcet's also auto immune. I am happily in remission and flare free for around 5 years...more now. almost 3 years without medication. Remission can happen x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.