Sjogrens & vaginal atrophy

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have searched to see if anyone is talking about the elephant in the closet. It is so embarrassing to talk about, so I thought I would start the discussion. I am 36 years old and have had sjogrens since I was 13. It is very frustrating to be so far away from menopause, but still have some of the same symptoms. Here is a list of symptoms. Anyone else that is younger experiencing the same symptoms? Lube is not helping.

thinning of the vaginal walls

shortening and tightening of the vaginal canal

lack of vaginal moisture (vaginal dryness)

vaginal burning (inflammation)

spotting after intercourse

discomfort or pain during intercourse

pain or burning with urination

more frequent urinary tract infections

urinary incontinence (involuntary leakage)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

same things happened to me to. i am now been prescribed a product called VAGIFEM and it works a treat.

• Posted

Thanks for responding Mandy! I think that a lot of people are embarrassed to talk about it and it needs to be talked about more!

• Posted

So sorry that you have to deal with all of this . Try some Vit E suppositories they help . Also my dermatologist recommended to use Angel soft toilet paper because its unscented , no soap just water or an unscented soap and All free and clear laundry detergent. The minute I changed to Angel soft most of my burning and irritation went away. I was using cottonelle and apparently they use bleach and formaldehyde to make it look white. Keep in touch and let us know how things are working out. Theres a lot of us in the same boat .

• Posted

I am taking Intrarosa Vaginal Suppositories which have helped a lot with the Incontinence and dryness. I have Sjrogren's but my problems weren't bad until as soon as I went into menopause. This is a newer medication. Check with your Gynecologist and see if it would be appropriate for your age. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.