Sjorgen's? Would You Be So Kind as to Give Me Your Opinions?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello! I hope you fine people can give me some opinions, as my doctor won't see me because I have a "Covid symptom." (I don't have Covid, both my swab and antibody tests were negative. They don't care.)

Anyway, I'm 60 and have had dry eyes for 20 years, due to oil gland disfunction. I only use artificial tears if I wake up in the middle of the night in the winter; otherwise I'm not overly bothered. About two years ago I started to get a dry mouth, which lately has been quite annoying.

My new problem is about 7 weeks ago I began to experience shortness of breath and nasal congestion that just won't go away. I struggle to get a deep breath. Since my doctor wouldn't see me, I went to urgent care. The physician noted nasal congestion but said my lungs were clear.

I don't have allergies, asthma, family or personal history of autoimmune diseases. I otherwise feel fine and nothing hurts (no joint pain, etc.). Do you think this could be Sjorgen's? All my symptoms are on the list of Sjorgen's symptoms. Is this how it starts? Where do I begin to get a diagnosis? Can my primary do blood tests, or should I go to a rheumotologist first?

Thanks so much for any help!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.