Sjorgrens and Hydroxychloroquine

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have recently been diagnosed with Sjorgrens, although I believe I have had it for years.  The RA has perscribed me 400mg of Hydroxychloroquine but after a month of taking the medication I noticed that I was having trouble reading documents.  Can anyone confirm if this side effect will settle down, or will it only get worse?  I am also having a lot of pain in my Chest, Back, Shoulders and neck.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Mandy ~

I just responded to your other post.  I am not taking any  medication for my sjogrens however, I did go under extensive testing with the Kelloggs Eye Care Center and was a candidate for "prose" lenses.  They are designed to keep the eyes moist and the best part about them, you can see 20/20.  One drawback is if your white part of the eye is red, you cannot use them.  That is a never ending battle for me so I cannot enjoy  the rewards of the proses presently.  I'm headed to the eye dr later today and hopefully  I can take a drop or something to  help  that area.  Also, I use eyedrops with a gel in it all the time and an ointment at night time.  It helps to a degree.  I'm in stage 4 of sarcoidosis and sjogrens so it's hard to find that happy medium with me.

I wish you well and also sorry you're suffering from this horrific disease.

Warmly,

Frustrated

• Posted

Hi Frustrated!

Since I gave that info to Mandy I checked out the Theraspecs site and felt discouraged by the prices! I went to the place where I purchased my prescription glasses and asked if they had a similar product they did at more than half the price of the theraspecs!  They are called Cocoons Sunwear and are made by OVERX . They fit over my RX glasses and are terrific I couldn't believe the difference and the relief i experienced from the tension of squinting etc. I haven't checked out the site yet to see what else they offer but I plan on it.

Feel better,

Sally

• Posted

I meant LESS than half the price!!!
    • Posted

Thank you Sally,

I'll check out where I go.  Cocoons...how they come up with names.  I see why but oh well, nothing to think about really.

Thanks again and you feel better, too,

Frustrated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.