Sjorgrens syndrome

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all . I  received  a biospy of my salivary gland and it came back showing inflammation and lymphocytes in the gland which my doctor told me this may be sjorgrens . I also have a dry mouth and dry eyes. Since thenI have been having problems  with enlarge turbinate in the noise has anyone have this problem? And is anyone taking medication  for sjorgrens if so what's the name of the meds and is it helping with the symptoms?

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I take hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) for system-wide treatment, prescription eye drops such as cyclosporine (Restasis) or  lifitegrast (Xiidra), cevimeline (Evoxac) or pilocarpine (Salagen) for the increase of saliva production. Drugs that suppress the immune system, such as methotrexate (Trexall), also might be prescribed. There are also a lot of OTC things I am finding helpful as well. 

I don't have any turbinates due to surgery so I have to use saline solution to keep my nasal passages moist and clear, I prefer the mist and Eucalyptus by Arm & Hammer called Simply Saline Nighttime Relief. I also use eye scrubs recommended by my ophthalmologist called Eye-Scrub by Novartis to help unplug the oil glands surrounding the eye and Blink Tears Individual doses without preservatives, also using a warm, damp compresses for 10-20 minutes twice a day can help a lot with clogged oil glands if you are suffering from that. ACT brand as well as other sugarfree lozenges that promote saliva production or dry mouth relief, and Lubricity Oral Mouth Spray. 

These things work well for me and the state of my illness affecting those areas. I hope this is helpful!

• Posted

Thank you all the information is helpful . You gave me more than the doctors have .  I have been at a aww not knowing how to deal . Thank you 
  • Posted

I am sorry this is so late Lissa, but I have been too ill to get on computer. I do have a stuffy nose, but my nose also runs from cold weather. I am taking Pilocarpine which is the generic of Salagen to help me salivate. My saliva is still so thick and sticky and everything sticks to my teeth. Blessings, donna

• Posted

Thank you and bless you sweet heart Maureen. I need sleep badly; it is almost 3AM! More blessings, donna

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.