SKECHERS Shoes to heal heel spurs

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone tried SKECHERS shoes to heal heel spurs. 

I'm thinking about trying a pair, because i've heard that it should help. 

I'm looking on these: https://www.skechers.dk/dame/sko

Does anyone have some suggestions for some other methods, im in for it! 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't know about healing your spur but I wore these post op after hip surgery and then two different foot operations. They were brilliant. I have the go walk 3. I have also purchased recently a pair of trainers form sketchers too.  They are really comfy but support the foot at the same time. 

• Posted

I have not got the same problem as you but I expect they certainly would be of great help and comfort .

i have Skechers golf shoes , trainers and boots . Also fitflop sandels .

i have Morton neuroma in my foot and these are the best things for comfort , I highly recommend them 

• Posted

If you google  sketcher  mbt you get many results and some are comparing sketchers with MBT. I have Morton´s neuroma and use shoes with rocker soles that the Swedish NHS put in  on different pairs of shoes that I had

• Posted

Although Skechers makes some pretty comfortable shoes I wouldn't purchase them with the expectation that they will heal your heel spurs. Spurs are a growth (calcification) at the base of the heel and surgery is generally required to move them. On the other hand you could expect a shoe to reduce the pressure and impact at the heel. 

If you're experiencing heel pain your issue is likely plantar fasciitis (inflammation at the bottom of the heel) and your expectation should be the same from a shoe...not heal but reduce pressure. If your issue is indeed plantar fasciitis and your looking to heal the pain your focus should be the arch area aka arch support.

I've worked for Skechers and I can confidently tell you that they provide great cushioning. Support on the other hand is generally lacking. I'd recommend purchasing the shoe as is and if its comfortable enough, great. If not, I'd add in some arch support. 

Good Luck,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.