Skin cancer in teenagers?

Posted , 4 users are following.

im a 16 year old male from Michigan and have a couple moles that concern me. my dermatoligest looked at a couple of them and said they were sun spots. but she didnt even look at them well and didnt use any tools or lights. and why would i just have two, random, dark liver spots. normally you get alot of sun spots... and usually you're older than 16. so I did something stupid and looked it up online. and of course everything said cancer. and a couple things said aids -___- well anyways they look kinda like melanoma, and kinda like dysplastic nevus's. idk what they are, if their cancer or not, and idk what to do. id say that if I had to take a guess, they arent cancer since we have no family history of it and im only 16. is anyone els going through anything similar? itd be nice to know that im not the only one. thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Try not to search to for your symptoms online (I do the same as it doesn't help) I know it's hard but when you read stuff that's not good, this will get u more stress and anxious and will create more complications in your life

I suggest to go do different dermatologist to get a second opinion if your not satisfied with the first answer

All the bed to you Trent smile

• Posted

Hi Trent

I would speak to your parents regarding this as your only 16 and if they think you need a second opinion then go for it

Try not to worryconfused

• Posted

A relative of mine went through something similar.  The trick is to keep an eye on them and if they change colour or appearance then see a dermatologist to have them looked at and possibly removed.

Rich

• Posted

Hi trent You should not look up your symptoms on line that can cause a lot of anxieties. I have done the same thing looked up my symptoms and all it does is cause more anxieties in me 

You should see another doctor and get a second opion on them but in the mean time do not worry about it 

You are young enjoy life go out and have fun with your friends 

Elizabeth

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.