Skin cancer scare horrible health anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have had this mole for years and years and years. nothing has ever changed.. always been the same size, color and weird shape. i have severe health anxiety and now im freaking out that i have melanoma! i have a tela -doctor appointment on monday for something else and ill show it to him but does anyone have moles like this? does it look normal? i know you guys are not doctors but its the weekend and i just need some kind of peace of mind. thanks 😃

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

if you've had this same mole for years and nothings changed, then why the sudden irrational fear of melanoma?

• Posted

I have to agree with the other person. If there's been no change such as colour change, size, itching or bleeding then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. When it comes to melanoma always look for the ABCDE rule. A stands for assymetrical. B stands for border. C stands for colour. D stands for diameter . E stands for evolving. If you notice any of these changes then you need to see a doctor.

• Posted

Worrying about recurrence

Ask your physician for a survivor plan: This can include a schedule of exams and tests you may need, a list of possible side-effects or symptoms to watch for, or a diet and exercise plan. ...

Avoid high doses of ultraviolet (UV) light, tanning beds, and direct sunlight

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.