Skin Changes

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello Ladies!

Ever since my last period a year ago, I've put on weight and started noticing dry skin patches on my body and bumpy skin. Have any of you experiences skin changes?

thanks!

Nancy

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

yes, dry skin patches on my legs, around my hairline and on my arms. sometimes very itchy

• Posted

I have extremely dry skin, probably brought on by the boiling hot showers I take just to make my bones feel better. Someone on here recommended sweet almond oil, it's the best thing ever! Not greasy, doesn't smell like anything, and since using it I no longer have scaly alligator legs.

I do get strange dry patches on my chin that never seem to go away. I probably should try the almond oil there too, think I will.

• Posted

Hi Nancy, I have terribly dry thin skin. Eczema on my elbow. I use vitamin e oil with keratin in it. Cannot use eye make up, my eyelids itch. I had terrible acne on my forehead last year. Getting a little better. Definitely hormonal, I pulled out an old picture at the hospital, when I had my son...my forehead looked like I had chicken pox! Missing periods, have not gone a year yet.

• Posted

Ever since I turned 40 I have had terribly itchy skin on and off. I find that gluten, dairy and sugar make it worse but for me, especially gluten. I think I just need to give up gluten until I pass through all these hormonal changes. Never had any issues before with my skin.

Cheryl

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.