Skin disorder on lower lip

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello people.

I need yur help. About 10 months ago I started to have problems with my lower lip. It all started when I was trying to remove a wart on my foot at home. I don't know if it's possible to spread it to lips as well, but there are two white, hard spots on my lower lip ever since. When the lip is wet, it looks like a layer of white dead skin. When it's dry, it looks like a crater.

Here is a list of things that I've tried already:

- fusidic acid (prescribed)

- corticosteroid creme (prescribed)

- nystatin creme

- aciclovir creme

- pencyclovir creme

- Colloidal silver

- Blistex sore cold creme

- natural bee vax vaseline

- some lip moisturing balsams

I visited a skin doctor twice last year, but you need to wait about 2 months for an appointment and i'm getting sick of it. One thing that I know for sure is that it is not a herpes. It's been 10 months and it's getting worse and worse.

Thanks in advance for all responses wink

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'll be watching this after frantically trying to find the reason for having a dry white spot in the middle of my lower lip. After searching the interest I came across this thread. I've been dealing with a wart that was on the upper part of my chin wart kept coming back after freezing. The doctor gave me I white ointment (can't remember the name which is specifically for warts and very expensive) this made the wart disappear after four weeks but now I can't relate this white spot and a little bump to this wart. If anyone has a permanent solution other than what's here please post it.  Thanks 

• Posted

I've had this white patch on my lip since pre-pandemic and mostly ignored it because of lockdown.

primary complaint is it itches.

Dermatologist prescribed a steroid cream which did nothing other than cause bad reactions on other parts of my lip. Will be going in for a biopsy.

what struck me is OP was treating a wart on their foot and same. Had to create an account to chime in when i saw that.

weird

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.