Skin feels irritated - nothing there?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So, this is a new one for me. Last week, the left side of my neck felt irritated, but only when I touched it, almost like a sunburn, but there was absolutely nothing there. It only lasted a day or 2, and I didn't think too much of it. This morning, I woke up and the left side of my face feels the same way, mostly along the cheekbone and up by the temple. Again, only when I touch it (first noticed it when washing my face) but there's nothing there. I just took a couple Advil to see if that helps. Is this another lovely Peri symptom? Of course, my brain jumps to something awful, like trigeminal neuralgia, but that sounds like it would be excruciating and short-lived. Any insight? Thanks so much!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Doesn't sound like menopause more like shingles.

I had shingles the spots weren't sore but the area where they were was its the nerve endings that hurt.

If it turns out to be that go to the shingles forum and look for Merry who is in USA and I believe she is very knowledgeable ,she helped me and in in Scotland.

Good luck I hope it is better soon.

• Posted

Hi tebrown

Sounds like a sensitivity in some way which can be common with menopause. Can include sensitivity to creams, washes, skincare etc but also niggly feelings like it's irrated but often with nothing to show for it. Pretty much think you'd know if you had shingles for sure! When I get it I change what I'm using and take an antihistamine and it sorts itself out in a week or so xx

• Posted

Thanks, both, for your replies. I don't think it's either shingles or a sensitivity, and it's pretty much gone today. So, for now, I'm just gonna chalk it up to something weird. If it happens again, I'll have it investigated!

• Posted

It's weird. I get the burning skin--like a sunburn from the inside--when I eat something I am allergic to. I rarely, if ever, get actual hives.

The allergies are new with peri. #sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.