Skin flakes everywhere

Posted , 17 users are following.

I have been suffering from Atopic Dermatitis and extremely dry skin eversince I can remember. I had it as a child- it would get infected time after time and I'd go through hell. As an adult, the whole thing had gone into remission with just occasional flareups and bleeding on my feet.

However, since the past two months, it seems to have spread all over my body including my face and neck. What's even worse is that the already flaking skin is just getting worse.

I'd like to know if any of you guys ever find flakes of skin on literally EVERY place you go. I find flakes of myself in my bed, I find it in my car, on my mobile phone, my laptop- pretty much anything that I associate myself on a regular basis. My wife starts sneezing at times because of the "dust" that I "emit" all the time.

It's hard enough dealing with the agonizing pain and mental torture that this disease has been gifting me since forever. The powdering skin everywhere just makes everything I own, look bad (not just myself). It's like I'm making everything dusty around me. Please tell me if this is the normal case for people suffering from Eczema. Thank you.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, shedding massive amounts of skin happens in severe cases. I would vacuum every single day. I stayed in an apartment with solid floors (no carpets), vacuumed the bed every day, and so on. I am sensitive to dust mites, so I was extra worried about shedding dead skin (food for mites) everywhere. Hence the religoius HEPA vacuuming daily.
  • Posted

My son has really bad Eczema in fact he is having a flare up right now. his skin flakes all the time. it's very frustrating because i'm constantly;y sweeping and mopping the floor trying to keep it sanitized. He has tried every medication he can try because of his age (4) years. The medication like presidlone has even affected his growth. he looks 2 years old but he's 4. I worry if he is ever going to grow out of it. To try and relieve the itching he does bleach bathes NOT to much bleach just 1 measuring cup full it helps with any bacteria on the skin. He goes through a lot of Aquaphor thats $20 a jar. I use Vaseline as a moisturizer because anything else burns the skin because of him scratching. I do know it's associated with allergies and your diet. He's allergic to everything under the sun. so i try to avoid everything that will cause not just an reaction but an outbreak. Right now with the weather up and down in South Florida he's really bad.  I wish you all the best because i know the suffering you must going through watching my baby is heartbreaking.

• Posted

What kind of foods you eat daily.?it starts from inside out.
    • Posted

My son eats chicken for meats and little beef, but no white rice I give him sweet potatoes. he's allergic to ALL seafood. He eats no candy or sweets. I only give him Lays plain potato chips to make him feel some what normal....he can not have anything with dairy (milk, cheese, eggs) It's very difficult to find something for him.

• Posted

Does he break out in hives after.the bath.little.red spotswith bumps.keep an eye that to see

• Posted

What's the humidity in your house.should be.between 45 to 55 .

• Posted

I wouldn't use cloren any more.thats going to dry him out worse.then ever .i would go to a co-op an get some peppermint. Or Eucalyptus pure oil.an use just a couple drops.its anti.viral an antifungal. More apple sauce. An apple juice. For putting.lotion on him I would use something with olive oil in it .It's better .No gas in it.i would start looking up alklining foods.80 %Alklining. And 20% acid.more greens.i use to love chicken.cant eat to much of it .It's all acid.

• Edited

Hi, I saw your post and wanted to reply as I have the same problem. I rediscovered how much food affects my skin while trying different diets. I have had the triad of asthma-eczema-allergies my whole life. Long story short, eating corn (my favorite snack is a corn chip) causes my fingers and toes to dry and crack, lots of itching, lots of skin.Dairy seems to cause my gut problems and the bubbly blisters, the wet itchy stuff. I can usually tolerate one serving of corn without repercussion, but two days in a row will register with my skin. Dairy is a bit different, depends on whether I have too much cheese or milk. My skin improved when I reduced these foods, used a steroid cream twice daily for 2 weeks and followed my doctor's instruction to used a good moisturizer like Vanicream right after a shower, while still damp. Don't wait even 5 min! I can maintain a better condition for quite a while with just diet restrictions and frequent moisturizers once it improves. I even use a squirt of Aveeno and Vanicream together. CeraVe did not work for me because it contains salicylic acid, which stings. I hope that sharing my experience is helpful to you. Best wishes!

• Posted

There are many symptoms associated with atopic dermatitis, but the worst has to be flaky skin.

Dermatologists prescribe antihistamines or immunosuppressants to tackle the menace.

Ointments are also given to stop the shedding. However, natural treatments with essential oils are also available to mitigate flaky skin issue.

The recommended oil for flaky skin in frankincense essential oil, which can be diluted with your regular hair oil and applied on the affected parts of the skin.

However, if there is any bleeding in the skin, then one must avoid the essential oil remedy.

Furthermore, a small patch test must be done to ensure there are no allergic side effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.