Skin Irritation

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi All,

just a little 'delicate' subject really, I've been walking a lot lately to try to stay supple and hopefully shift a few pounds of steroid weight. But what I've noticed now is I have chapped my skin between the cheeks of my bottom! It's not sore or painful, but it looks very very red and inflamed!  Is this due to the fact that our skin is becoming thin due to the prednisolone?? Has anyone else had this problem. 

Many thanks 

Andrea. Xx

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Sounds uncomfortable Andrea. Brings a whole new meaning to "chapped cheeks"! Perhaps one of the experienced on line can offer advice. Take care.

• Posted

Hi andrea93419

You probably have a fungal infection due to your immune system being impaired by the preds. Ask your doc for some anti-fungal cream...which is a steroid cream....my vest wishes to you andrea93429....

• Posted

Hello Lilian, I’ve looked on google about the fungal infection and it could be. We don’t realise the effect the pred has on our immune system. 

Best Wishes Andrea x

• Posted

Hi andrea93419

I suspected it was a fungal infection ..so pleased you have got a diagnosis for your 'chapped cheeks' and have been given an antifungal cream.....you'll soon be clear of the infection...my very best wishes to you andrea93419...

• Posted

andrea93419, I think I have the same problem that Ben have. I sometimes sweat heavy while exercising and that irritates my skin. I must be careful what kind of underclothes or bike shorts I wear. Good luck on the rest of your journey, stay positive and try to smile. Smiling 🙂

• Posted

Oh thank you all for relying on a delicate matter. I will pop to the doctor for some sort of cream, but the more I think about it, the sweat runs off my forehead so obviously other parts of my body must be sweating too!! Surprising the things we used to take for granted before prednisolone that we have to pay attention to now. 

Thank you again Andrea xx

• Posted

Andrea, I have to change my T shirt two or three times a night I sweat so much, thanks to Pred.

Thinking positive and smiling. 🙂

• Posted

Hi andrea93419

Yes, there are advantages and disadvantages with preds....in my experience lots of disadvantages...hope you get your 'chapped cheeks' sorted!..my very best wishes to you andrea93419....

• Posted

Anti-fungal cream may be the place to start.  I occasionally get a very sore and painful rash in my groin. Prescription anti-fungal cream clears it up in two to three days, Non of the over-the-counter stuff worked.
    • Posted

Hello Jean, yes I called into the doctors this morning and it's 'thrush' !!

shes given me Anti fungal cream on prescription, I have to store it in the fridge so I guess it's better than the over the counter stuff!

Andrea. X

• Posted

Great! Yes, I recall determining mine was thrush too. Hope the cream works quickly for you,
  • Posted

Are you sure it is from walking? And what I was going to suggest - is what it turned out to be!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.