Skin irritation genital area

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ppl, have had a problem in the genital area with itchiness and burning when passing urine, my foreskin dries and breaks and occassionaly bleeds.

Now after i thoroughlty wash ny genital area with a non perfumes soap and dry myself the skin around my penis starts leaking fluid as does my scrotum, there is no smell only redness.

Any suggestions as to cause.

many thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I haven't got a definite answer, but I've found the older I got the more often I've needed to use moisturiser around the foreskin area.

• Posted

thanks for your reply have tried that to no avail, now my penis and scrotum are very itchy and red, with a clear discharge from boht penis shaft and scrotum
    • Posted

Sounds like a job for a dermatologist?

• Posted

Do you work with chemical irritants, industrial adhevises oor expoxy?

I was poisoned by exposure to epoxy many years ago and had similar symptoms

Sounds like it could be eczema or psoriasis.

A good cortisone cream is in order.

Dermitologist for sure in either case.

• Posted

Thanks for reply, no don't work at all because of other heallth problems. I was wondering if it could be any side effects from all my medication, but have read all leaflets and there is ni mention of the sort of problem i am having.

• Posted

True, you need to see a skin doctor. I have had a similar problem that was from a fungal infection. Painful and extreme itch, so much that I would rip my skin itching it and it feels good to do it. It is nasty stuff and needs prompt treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.