Skin Irritation not sure what this is?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So i have this little rash area around the top of my foreskin? initially it looks like friction rub not exactly sure what it could be. My PCP said its due to skin irritation and that it should go away on its own. (I work in construction and said the heat plus wearing denim jeans can cause this especially if i sweat a lot down in my groin area which I do). I've felt absolutley no pain, no itching, no burn in urinating. He did see the papules on my penis and said they fine and nothing to worry about. He checked my penis glands since im not circumsised and they looked normal. Only thing he saw was a bit of smegma build up. Could this be bacteria?File size is too bigimageFile size is too big

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

File size is too big

• Posted

did you find out what this was?

• Posted

@Lew8930 i actually didnt, the doctor said if it progressed it could be a fungal infection, one thing with me is i have so much extra foreskin that any pee, germs can get on the outer rim of the foreskin and i never notice until i pull it back. I have an appointment today for follow up questions etc.

• Posted

any news at your appointment? i have the same thing as you

• Posted

@Lew8930 yeah it went well! So my doctor comes from a family of urologist completely ruled out any possible chance of herpes etc, told me to forget about that if it was on my mind. Said the initial rash was more than likely caused by sweat irritation, a bit of poor hygiene especially if your area is constantly moist. I recently started pulling back my foreskin as well, so if your area seems more irritated its because you keep messing with it. Like i said my penis glands are completely healthy i was given a recommendation for circumcision if its something i wanted to pursue. The rash will go away on its own so quit messing with it man.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.