skin is itchy in a cast

Posted , 7 users are following.

currently in a cast and my skin is finally starting to peel... and the itching is coming full force. i know you shouldnt put anythging down the cast to scratch (i dont do that) but i was wonding if anyone had any ideas on how to fix the itching problem..

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Had terrible itching and I used a ruler. Watch pointed objects but I had no problem since it's flat on end and what a relief. Stay away from incision site.

• Posted

I can quite understand having also been there!!

It used to nearly drive me made so what I used do was put a twelve inch plastic school type ruler down to the itchy area and gently dribble a special liquid for itchy scalps down the ruler...oh what a fantastic relief!

There you go.

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Hi rit. Been there.. Horrid. I used to put my hairdryer on full blast and cold air and hold if at the top of my cast. My drier had a good watt so is powerful, it helped with my itching. Good luck sx
  • Posted

I would get itchy with sweat so I would use a giant icepack to cool it off and that helped. Anything dirty you put in your cast-actually a hard dressing, can introduce bacteria, and since you don't know where your incisions are, I wouldn't risk it. I've heard of people taking antihistamines and having relief.

• Posted

I used a long, thin, icing spatula with rounded edges to get under my cast. It was perfect because there were no corners to worry about. It's so old I don't even know where it came from. smile

• Posted

I had never  been so grateful for being an ENJO user. The flexible cleaning wand was perfect for the itch. I'm grateful for allergies and that I had it or I would have been tempted to use a knitting needle.bit too expensive to but just to scratch but oh it was so good with and without the fibre on it. 

• Posted

Dear Jenni

I've just gone to their web site but cannot see this product. Can you tell me more about it please.

Thanks Richard

• Posted

ENJO Flexi should come up on website. Should come up on their site. It's a 55 cm flexible coated metalrod used for cleaning. It's flexible for cleaning fans cupboard tops and stuff. $100 Australian But when I had the ITCH it was awesome. Does go against all advice of sticking stuff into cast but safer than ruler or knitting needle. I also got hives down cast and everywherebloodyelseallover. Reaction to meds. So I used the cool metal part to relieve hives 

• Posted

it has a fibre removable cover 
    • Posted

Bit expensive for an itch. I was lucky enough to have had mine for a very long time. But it is a very useful cleaning tool as well. Under furniture and above. 
    • Posted

Dear Jenni

I've not checked the price but will shortly.Looks very useful.

Cheers Richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.