Skin issue

Posted , 3 users are following.

imagei have a skin issue for nearly 8 years. still not sure what is the reason. It started with mild white patches on thigh then it slowly started to come all over the body.I have check this with few skin doctors. one doctor said my skin was dry. But they were not sure why is it happening. Did a skin biopsy test two times. first time result doctor said everything was normal. second time everything normal a little inflamation was found. i was very depressed as i couldnt find it why and what is the treatment for it. this skin issue worries very much me as it spreading all over my body. could someone please help and let know is there any treatment! thanks imageimageimage

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

Has anyone mentioned Pityriasis Versicolor? That's what this looks like. Treatment at first is washing the affected area with a shampoo that contains Ketoconanzole. Ask your chemist/pharmacist if they have one...there are several available. As you seem to have it in lots of patches it may take some time to clear and lots of bottles of shampoo. Work the shampoo into damp skin, leave for a minute and then wash off thoroughly. Do this every day for a week, then alternate days. If you are in UK talk to your doctor about Pityriasis.

• Edited

I am very happy about that someone is listening truly to what i am saying. Thank you so much. I am in Uk channel island. after so much of googling about my condition i found so much symptoms similiar to tinea veriscolor. i have mentioned about it to one dermatologist two year ago. But he doesn't took me serious.he said i dont have any skin scaling. he prescribed some steroids cream. but i stopped using that after a month. i didnt see it helping. thanks.

• Edited

Sometimes it helps to be pro active and just try something.If it makes it worse then stop at once, try the shampoo on small area at first....

• Edited

PS The condition is not catching. It is caused by a fungal infection. Not dangerous .

• Edited

it could be. looking for any solution ?? it spreading all over my body. that worries me. thanks.

• Edited

Try the shampoo I have mentioned. If you havent lost skin pigment totally its not vitiligo, which usually shows as an equal pattern on each side of your body. As its a fungal infection it will spread unless you treat it. See my first reply.

• Edited

Did anyone discuss skin pigment ? If you hold your white spots under a black light and it glows,

it could be a loss of skin pigmentation.

• Edited

no one did that test. one dermatologist checked and said there is no complete loss of pigment. so he was not sure what about this condition. thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.