Skin itching on abdomen and back of thighs for 3 weeks!!! Help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

About 3 weeks ago I started itching on my stomach area and back of both thighs. Nothing down on my calves. After about 4 days, I went to the dr and she gave me a steroid shot and 5 days of oral prednisone and told me to apply an otc hydrocortisone cream to it. After the shot, I felt some relief for about 4 days but once I finished the prednisone, it came back. You can feel the little bumps, some are red. But their small. The whole area feels tingly like when a sunburn is healing and it has that intense itch you just have to scratch. When I scratch at it, which I try really hard not to, it becomes red and the bumps are more raised. I've also been taking zyrtec in mornings and benadryl at night to help. I feel like I'm crawling out of my skin. I also switched to dye free and perfume free laundry detergent and bath soap just in case. I'm at a loss where to go from here.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Having similar problems too back of my thighs, found out to be nylon threads on the seams of my shorts which were rubbing on my skin. Overlocking on garments are a nightmare for me as i have no idea what fabric they are using, anything harsh and i start getting sores. So i am ok with fine cotton but harsh cottons and linen make my skin sore.

• Posted

Well, I went back in to the clinic and they gave me a second steroid shot. Two weeks ago it was the Depomedrol shot, today was Solumedrol shot. This better help. Otherwise I'll need to see a dermatologist or allergist.

• Posted

So far I'm feeling about 70% better after yesterday's shot. Still some itchies off and on, but nothing like last couple weeks. I can tolerate it and not have to force myself to not scratch. Hope it continues

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.