Skin Lichen Planus and St. Johns Wort

Posted , 16 users are following.

I have been taking 900 mg of St. Johns Wort for almost two weeks and I am FINALLY seeing some improvement! Many of my itchy sores are healing and flattening out! I also have less chills and itching in general. This is after a year and a half of using prednisone, plaquenil, steriod creams, and who knows what else. I am a 43 year old woman. I have it on my back, legs, arms, chest, buttocks...almost everywhere. I decided to stop taking everything, except for my antacid medicine when needed and my prescription bentyl for my severe ibs, and try the st. johns wort. I feel the less meds you take with this, the better it will work. I got this idea from reading a post on here from a user named Greg. I will update my progress in a few weeks. Fingers crossed!

1 like, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Hello everyone, I have read these posts and I'm going to give St. John's Wort a try

I have had LCP for more than 7 years now very bad. All over my body, very itchy, bumpy, tried many different products from steroids, various supplements, etc.

I am hopeful this will work, started it today. I will take 600mg per day. I am not currently on any other medication.

@greg73500 I think you were the first I saw about St. John's Wort, so thank you

P.S will update every 2 weeks

• Posted

MsParis, Since i read your results and also Greg's I finally broke down and started taking SJW. I was hesitant because of the side effects and the interactions but then I realized not everyone is the same and I am not taking any medications. I have been off prednisone for over a year now. Tried every elimination diet and did Vegan diet for 3 months and I still flared. Now I stopped eating nightshades, no Potatoes, no Tomatoes, no, Peppers or spicy, No curry. I have been keeping a log of everything I am doing. After seeing some signs of slowing but after 2 weeks of SJW I am actually healing!!! I hope this continues. I will see where I am in a month from now and post my results.

Thank you!!

• Posted

Hi Wendy,

I haven't passed by this post for a while and I'm glad to discover it may still be helping some people!

I've been growing SJW in my garden this summer and I'm enjoying its extracts now that the sun has gone lower in the skies. Helps with those dark winter moods!

I hope your skin is still healing furthermore since you posted a few weeks ago and will really appreciate further feedback, whatever the outcome may be!

All the best,

Greg.

• Posted

can you give an update? thank you

• Posted

Hello 😃 Sorry I haven't updated. I actually have tried to log in a few times and for some reason could not get it to work. So, my last reoccurring bumps on my lower leg finally went away a few months ago and haven't returned. I still have some itching in one spot on my back, but it's not scaly. I am however breaking out in hives once or twice a month. Mainly on my thighs. I take cetirizine and L glutamine and it seems to help that. I think this has to run a long course smh. I am praying it never comes back. The dark marks however are horrible. They have hardly faded and I have tried everything 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.