Skin peeling around scar and small scab.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 6 weeks from op, I can see small improvement each week, but this week my skin is peeling around th scar and th bit of scab left over the bunion area.  I'm moisturising with E45 day and night, hope that's not too much.  Did anyone else have their skin peel like this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey Barbara.

I'm 3 weeks post op, and have peeling of skin around the scars... Scabs stilll there mostly.some areas are purple skin.

But that's normal....healing process.dead skin and scabs falling off to make way new skin.😊

• Posted

Hi yes mine too was very dry for few weeks all part of the healing I'm 11 weeks post op today and all dry skin gone smile scar still gets a bit sensitive at times again all part of healing but my scar has healed so well hardly visible must admit the whole healing process is longer than I imagined mostly with niggly pains and swelling but all be worth it in the end, just keep up with the moisturising and massaging while doing this helps scar tissue too
  • Posted

Hi Barbara,I'm six weeks and my scar is also peeling and I have a small scab over the bunion. I am applying Bio Oil to mine twice a day and I really think moisurising helps so keep it up.  My big toe is slightly raised from the floor but I can flatten it if I concentrate on the movement, but it aches a bit when I do this. I'm hoping it will settle down when the swelling disappears.  
    • Posted

Ok thanks, I might try the bio oil again.  My scab is getting much thinner today, think I lost some over night!  I'm pleased you mentioned your big toe, mine too sticks up and this week I am consciously trying to keep it down when I walk, because suddenly it's less painful under big toe.  When I was massaging yesterday I found something new; when I push my big toe away from me with a finger, the toe is working to move back up again, so I know that tendon is working!  Still can't move it towards me, by itself though. I would be interested to keep comparing with you.  I had mine done in 30 March in UK.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.