Skin problem

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everybody.

I am 20 years old and I've had this skin problem for 4-5 years now. First time(and last one) I went to doctor was around 3 years ago or so and he told me that you have this because of your age. After 2 years I still have the same problem, I still have these disgusting things all over my upper body. I am a boxer and I have to stay without a shirt for most of the time when I'm training but this is too annoying for me. My body looks like I am infected with something really bad. What do you think? Is it something that can be cured?

Sorry for the words up there, it's hard for me to talk about this and post pictures online. Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Do these itch.  How long do they last from start to gone? It could be what I have which is called sterile necrotic foliculitis - means inflamation of a hair follicle to the point that it destroys the follicle.  I have them on my scalp, back arms and chest - never on my legs.  

Only way to tell is to have a dermatologist do lab work on an active one.  Don't get discouraged - could be that you being young will outgrow this.

There is no real effective treatment for what I have - topical steroid cream helps a bit.    

• Posted

I feel pain when I try to pop them out, sometimes when I touch them. There are cases when I wake up in the middle of the night to find one in my back. They can last 3-4 days, it depends. They were gone once but they came back, I think I am allergic to something but I don't know why. I searched on Google for what you told me (sterile necrotic foliculitis) but I don't have the same thing as in the photos. It's weird because none of my friends has them.
  • Posted

Hi Besmir,  I have a skin condition called symptomatic diaphragm!  I get red areas that look vey angry they are sor and itchy, I saw a dermotologist who gave the diagnoses , after asking me various question he used what looked like a wooden knitting needle to gentle Stoke on my back, this caused line to appear (skin drawing) it might be worth looking at,Mohave added a couple of pics to show you my skin at rest!
    • Posted

Thank you smile

There are old medications in my country, mainly produced by our grannies. I have to tell that most of them are better than those bought in a pharmacy or made in a lab. I think I'll have a try on that and later I'll post the pictures here. I get some of those red areas too, mostly in summer.

• Posted

Yes,this could be due to your age and hormones and could continue for quite a while.  Have you seen a dermatologist?    There are treatments for this but they take time to work and the problem can  recur  . Dont try squeezing or popping.. this wont help matters at all.  Make sure you wash thoroughly every day and especially if you are sweaty.   Keep your hair short.    
    • Posted

Thank you.

I can't keep my hair short, I will look like a marine and it doesn't even fit with my face or my style rolleyes

I have seen a dermatologis and he told me that hormones are the problem(he also told me that sex can cause the level of hormones to drop down). It's weird because I know I'm having enough activity to drop down my hormone level but they still come out. May it be because of the oiled skin? My skin has a lot of it and I have to say that if I don't take a shower once or twice a day I can't get rid of that smell.

• Posted

Yes, the male hormone testosterone is usually responsible for spots like this and if you have an oily skin its even more likely. You must keep those fingers away from the spots,however tempting it is to squeeze them......it may cause scarring,which you will regret.    I dont think sexual activity will lower the hormone level,but as you grow older it will level out and the spots should reduce. Its often a long slog . Were you offered any sort of cream or tablet from the dermatologist?
    • Posted

No, nothing, he told me I have this scars because of my age. 

''This is normal in your age''. That's what he told me, but I'm 20 years old now, I don't think age is related. My brother skin is like mine too, oily and he has the same scars but he's 17 years old and he's scars are bigger, lately these scars are showing up on his back, something he didn't had until last 3-4 months. Maybe we are allergic to something? 

I feel kinda weird going to a doctor with my back that looks like it is infected rolleyes

• Posted

I am fairly sure that your dermatologist is correct and this IS age related. It seems unfair when it happens,especially to those with very oily skin,which I guess is the familial link with you and your brother.      There are retinoid tablets that can be given by a dermatologist if no other treatments work and also retinoid creams, Also you could try an exfoliator wash [you can buy St Ives Apricot scrub in UK in many supermarkets.on the cosmetic counter] on your face which will help to unclog pores,but they can also be very drying so have to be used with care.Also make sure every trace of soap etc is removed from your face,preferably with a warm shower. As I have said its a long and sometimes frustrating slog but it is really a case of absolute cleanliness and no touching those spots.

By the way....having looked at your photos several times I can honestly say that this seems to be a  mild case although I am sure it seems awful to you. I have seen much much worse. Maybe that is why your dermatologist has not given you any medication.

I'm guessing you are not in Uk?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.