Skin problem

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi. i bought a new portable plastic bathtub. but after i had my first bathing, i immediately developed a rash which is still itchy after 2 days. it happens in different parts of my body. so went to the doctor and he prescribed eumonavate cream plus clarityn tablets.so far the cream seems to make it itchier then it subsides. im worried about another sleepless night. any advice welcome . cheers.....also im not sure which areas of the body it will flare up in .. .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

If you are convinced its the new bathtub then you have to get rid of it but I'm sure youve already done that. Are you taking the Clarityn as directed? That should calm things down very well.If it doesnt then another visit to the doctor is on the cards.

It may have been some subsidiary chemical that was on the plastic that caused your rash but if it persists could it have been any type of food you were having? possible trying something different? Shellfish??

• Posted

thanks marino for your reply. i am taking desloratadine, which is related to clarityn, and its making a big difference esp at night. i take it in the evening as im afraid the day dose might not work during the night. so things are much better. there are some stings now and again. i guess time will heal it. i think that type of allergy should heal even on its own but over a longer period . i appreciate your help marino as sometimes its difficult to receive replies from anyone. cheers Kevin .

• Edited

hi marina the situation has improved a lot. i didnt need to use emounavate cream in 2 days. i still have 2 desloratadine tabs to take . thanks for your help... cheers Kevin.....

• Posted

hi marina . im glad to be able to tell you that itching has cleared up and ive got plenty of the emounavate cream left over....so thanks again for your help... cheers Kevin.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.