Skin problem on hands tried everything can someone help?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been suffering with some kind of skin problem on my hands for 2 years now , i have been to the Doctor several times to be told o have eczma and given CLOBETASOL , this helps a little but then it comes back, the skin is itchy, it hardens then cracks and bleeds then when i manage to heal it again the process starts again it cracks and bleedsi have attatched some photos if someone could help that would be greatthanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have exactly the same, i have had it for years. I use gloves when using any chemicals, peeling vegetables especially potatoes and onions. I tend not to use steroid cream unless it has got to feeling like chopping hands off stage. The steroid cream tends to thin the skin so i find that when you stop using it, the skin can split easily. Use a non perfumed soap, moisturizer and i never use had gel, as it stings a lot. You could talk your doctor about allergy testing i have a list of chemicals that i react to. Good luck with it.

• Posted

I suffer from the same thing the Doctor told me it was contact dermatitis ,i have had steroid cream and hundreds of other creams i get it even having a bath but only on my hands so i have to use cream straight after a bath ,i have found the one that helps most is Epaderm ointment use it daily as and when you feel you need it hope this helps

• Posted

Do you have a job very hard on your hands ?

Do you live in a very freezing area ?

I suggest you sleep with rubber gloves on full of shea butter or other natural moisturizer

• Posted

looks like it could be palmoplanter psoriasis. i have the same symptoms that your pic shows . i use soaps with only natural ingredients oatmeal aveno, hand and body wash with no sodium lauryal sulfate or any chemicals.

coal tar and cortizone otc meds for psoriasis and lots of moisturizers. wear cotton gloves until cuts are healed, or can risk infections which could require anribiotics or worse a skin bacteria could invade the area .

a derm might have you use a corticosteroid under a type of dressing called hydrocolloid occlusion. This filmy layer bonds to the cream, helps keep skin moist, and can be worn for several days. Wetting your skin, rubbing on a corticosteroid cream and sealing it in with plastic wrap overnight also is helpful.

Cyclosporine, Low-dose retinoids like acitretin (Soriatane a cream version of vitamine D .

also could be the cold winter weather which have similar symptoms to paoriasis.

either way start with overnight occlusion with sorian cream or vasceline 3-4 nights in a row. daily wear hand protection and keep hands moisturized until cuts healed 1-2 weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.