Skin problem. Please Help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi 

I have this skin problem for three month now. See image. I went to a skin doctor and he gave me Minocycline which helped but after a month I got it again. Took the same medicine helped again and it is back now. It always start with a pimple with pus on my right hand and then it spread to all my body. 

Please help, I do not think the doctor understand the problem. 

Thanks 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Does the skin on your hand itch?  Do the spots on your arms and body itch?
    • Posted

Hi

On my palm it doesn't. On my back and arm it does a little.

Guy

• Posted

Sadly this is how some acne works. I would ask your doc or go see a dermatologist. There are prescription meds out there that are for daily maintenance. Sadly a lot of insurance companies don't want to cover it right away cuz they associate it with more cosmetic. Your doctor could do a prior authorization with your insurance and/or a lot of name brand drugs have coupons on their websites. Also some topical benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid products May help. You can fine these at your local retail pharmacy over the counter. If you are not sure ask the pharmacist to recommend you one. Just use with care they can be a little harsh on more sensitive skin. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.