Skin rash at two years

Posted , 4 users are following.

has anyone else had a rash like this on their legs or elsewhere during glandular fever? i read it can be caused by a few different things including glandular fever and ive had a flare up of other symptoms the last few weeks (im currently at the two year mark). im seeing the dr today to make sure its not something else.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

During the first few weeks and during a relapse, I had a similar red rash that appeared on my torso, shoulders, neck and face. It would appear at night and disappear during the day.

• Posted

Hi KS,

Hoping that you get on okay at the doctors today and that they can offer some reassurance regarding your concerns over the rash. I remember at some points having some weird rash type marks and even bruising at different intense phases of the virus, I do think this kind of thing can happen and it usually does settle down as your body recovers and starts to pick up again.

Let us know how you get on at the doctor KS, I'm also seeing consultant today regarding my back so hoping it can be a day of hope and one where our minds are put at ease about things.

Craig

• Posted

i had similar on my torso. im also experiencing a flare up of symptoms at just over 2 years too! ive gone really itchy as well which is a new one to me

• Posted

ive just started itching and now have the rash like your picture over the last couple of days!

• Posted

Hi Ashley,

I'm not sure if it might help with itching, but I have found cayenne pepper and chamomile as really good herbs for soothing the nervous system and calming my body down, especially in the evening. Might be worth looking into, but of course always check for any interactions wit other conditions or medication before taking any herbs and check with someone in the know if possible, I'm only going on my own research and what's helped me, could be worth looking into though.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.