Skin rash on back of my scalp for 4months

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anybody had/seen a rash like this? I contracted it after getting my hair cut. My hair follicles have thinned and fallen out.

I was initially told it is Ringworm and have been given various types of cream and shampoo but nothing is making any difference or shifting it?

I hope the image shows.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You poor baby!!!! I know this is not the answer you want to hear, BUT it is the correct answer, and the one that will send you on the road to getting rid of that. Get a biopsy. You look young, and I have no clue what country you are in, so I do not know about costs of getting it done. In the US, if you have insurance, just go to a dermatologist, and tell them you want a biopsy done- they will try "guessing" what it is- "Oh, I believe that is XXXX, I will give you a prescription for XXX steroid, and if it has not resolved in 6 weeks, come back and see me". Do not let them get away with that. Steroids do not cure anything, they just squash your body's response to inflammation, in hopes that your immune system will kick in during your steroid use. Remember, YOU are the one paying, you do not want to pay for a guess.

There are several rashes that look about the same, especially in a picture. No clue what you actually have, but if it is not fungal (ringworm) it could be PR, or lichen planus, or granuloma annulare, or guttate psoriasis, or contact dermatitis... Or something else.

Please get that biopsy done sooner rather than later. If you have to pay cash, you can look for a low cost clinic (about 25.00) and if you pay cash at a lab, it should be about 100.00 for the scrape biopsy results. That is in the US.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.