Skin regenerates too quickly

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I am 34 and was diagnosed with Eczema over 10 years ago. Basically my facial skin seems to regenerates too quickly and leaves a dead later every couple if days with needa to be removed not to cause redness & rashes. I have learned to manage it by exfoliating regularly but would love to understand it better. Had anyone had a similar condition or know of a management for this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paul. We are always looking for remedies for my granddaughter who is 11 and has severe eczema. Sometimes looks like a Burns victim. We have found a book 'The Eczema Diet' by Karen Fisher. This explains so much about eczema , things we didn't know in spite of

• Posted

I have read this book as well. I would recommend it to everyone who has eczema
  • Posted

My skin too have such issue almond oil helped but still there is hyperpigmentation and darkness on face.
  • Posted

Hi paul45237, you might have a form of Ichtyosis. Some are congenital whereas other types are acquired during adulthood. There are some support groups on the internet that might be worth checking out.
  • Posted

Hi it sounds more like psoriasis causing the over production of skin cells which I’ve been misdiagnosed with before

I have atopic eczema quite badly and have seen this in hospital 

I can only advise a lot of moisturiser is it still bad and have you checked it out with a dermatologist ? 

Regards Jim 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.