Skin Sensory numbness

Posted , 3 users are following.

4 weeks ago I first noticed my stomach skin feeling numb to the touch. Over a day, this sensation (all sensory skin) continued into my pelvic area, vaginal area, inner part, top and outer part of my thighs all the way to my ankles. My feet are not affected. Once into my thighs, the lack on sensation is all the way around my legs to my ankles. My stomach and pelvis is only on the front side of my body.

Blood tests done. Not vitamin deficient. HBG, HCT and RBC all high. Platelet count low. Dr thinks this was a lab error. Today new blood work, checking auto immune, blood counts again and I guess whatever else she could come up with. She also had an X-ray although she didn't tell me that so I didn't get to ask her why. I asked her about entrapped nerve - she did not think so because of the skin numbness covering two separate I guess nerve targets of my body. Torso/trunk and then lower extremities.

I literally have zero pain. No issues with movement, loss of motor skills, no confusion etc. It's mainly just really aggravating skin numbness. Scary too a bit. My stomach area and inner thighs are more numb than my legs.

I'm thinking anything from Nerve Entrapment (still) to MS.

Everywhere I look, it doesn't seem like anyone has the severity of skin sensory loss over such a large part of my body, suddenly and with zero other symptoms. Anyone else have or start like this?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Doll, so sorry you are experiencing these issues. I don't how to help you but I suggest you go to the internet and ask for medical websites that will match symptoms with possible medical conditions. There are charts online of  the human body and the spine which can indicate where the nerves control the various areas of our bodies. Very informative and helpful. My suggestion is to get involved with a neurologist also who will have a different of knowledge than your family Dr. I also encourage you to be persistent in your journey for the best health you can enjoy! I sure wish you the best of luck and sending a hug for encouragement!! 

• Posted

Thank you. Went back to my family doc. More blood work to rule out Auto Immune etc. if nothing comes up abnormal she is referring me to a neurologist. Wait and see game.
    • Posted

Hi again, I am so pleased you are going to a neurologist, sure hope it will help you. This journey can be very depressing it might take all the persistence and resolve you have! Keep at it and remember if you are feeling it it is happening it is not in your head. Best of luck. 🍀??🌹

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.