Skin Tag or something else?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I posted earlier about my haemorrhoid issues... 

Please give me your thoughts on the photos in the comments whether you think it is a skin tag from an anal fissure or something else.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Photo 1
    • Posted

You should go to the doctor. I had some of those hemorrhoids and they hurt so bad. I went to the emergency room and they lanced it open to get me out of pain. They are very painful.
    • Posted

I booked the doctor for next Monday, that’s the earliest I could get in. I went to see the pharmacist today and he gave me some special ointment to apply to them. It stings a little once applied but it was a bit of relief afterwards. My sister said she used the same stuff and the pain went away after a few days - here’s hoping!

TMI - but I ended up having to stand in a weird way in the shower and managed to get some of the stool out. I’ve taken some softeners to help for future BM

• Posted

Going to doctor is the right move.  There are multiple ways to treat this once a proper diagnosis is made.  Sometimes creams alone will suffice.  Other times various procedures are used.  I have personally had them all.   

Of note, some doctors are more aggressive than others.  Depending on diagnosis and recommended course of action a second opinion can be useful.

• Posted

See a doctor they have seen this all before. We are not doctor's on this forum.

• Posted

I’d definetly have those removed the bigger one at the bottom is similar to one I had but it was much larger. They fixed a fissure and removed the really big one and the internal resolved itself and retracted back in after my surgery haven’t had any problems skin. As far as the top one goes idk?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.