skin tags?

Posted , 3 users are following.

A year ago one skin tag appeared on my right jaw line and one on my neck. I just plucked them off my face with tweezers and moved on, but over the last year more an more have been gradually showing up all over my right side of my face and the frontal right side of my neck. Now there is like 20 of them... I don't know what is causing this or if they are even skin tags. 

I am in fantastic shape and I workout or exercise everyday literally. I have normal cholesterol levels, normal blood pressure, I am not a diabetic. I have a healthy diet. 

If anyone can shed some light on what could be causing this and if they are actually skin tags, it would be greatly appreciated. 

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r71/Devllboy/nasty.jpg

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Don't really look like typical skin tags to me as those are really much longer and more dangly.  Perhaps see a doctor? 

I very much doubt that they are caused by anything you do or don't do ...

• Posted

Hm, well I dont think mine are warts. Mine are all clear white. And when i pluck them off they just grow back in a week.
    • Posted

If you're worried, you should ask your GP, or you could try asking a Pharmacist.

• Posted

I don't have insurance or a dr, otherwise I would have sad

I've been doing research online for a while, and the only thing even closely related is skin tags, but they apparently are not them.

• Posted

What country are you in then?

Can you ask a Pharmacist?  Some of them are very good.

https://www.dermnetnz.org/

Have a look at DermNet NZ and all the doctors I have come across recently [UK] use it.

Your face looks ok, there don't seem to be many lesions [marks/tags whatever!] on it.

• Posted

I'm in the USA. I'm going to try Cornstick 40% Salicylic Acid
    • Posted

Good luck!

Don't try too much, too quickly, give your skin a break, so that it can recover in between trying things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.