Skin worms? Parasite?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So Ive been concerned about having a skin parasite for about a year now. So far all of the doctors I’ve been to tell me that it’s all in my head and that I have dermatillomania. I don’t doubt that to be true, but sometimes I find odd thing under my skin that make me think my skin is infested with worms. Usually I see or feel a small lump, and I pick at it, only to pull out things that look like worms. Today, I was popping some pimples on my upper thigh and I realized that the skin felt hard right next to these pimples, like if I squeezed it between my fingernails it felt like something was under my skin. So bring me, I picked at these areas. As I picked, tiny black specks would appear, or tiny white ball looking things, which I would pick at further- when I picked at these it felt like I was pulling something worm-like out. I picked at one area to the point where a half inch of this worm-like thing was hanging out. It was clear ish with some brown tints. I feel like it’s not just my skin that I’m picking at because it doesn’t hurt when I poke it with something like a pin. Has anyone else experienced this? I also have convinced myself that I have worms in the skin on my scalp and pubic area. Thanks for reading. Also is there any way to share pictures? 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.