Skinny to fat

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 40 years old. I have always weighed 145 until I lost my grandmother 1 yr ago. I started taking an antidepressant and now I weigh 188. I don't feel good and I have no will power or motivation. I don't know how to dress so I don't want to go anywhere. My friends and family say they can't see the weight and I look beautiful but I see it and I'm not beautiful anymore. I use to own a room and turn heads now I gross my self out so I can only imagine what other people think. Please help!!!

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi there xx i can totally relate to how u feel to fo with weght again escpec as we get older our metabolism slows & most anti depressants slap the weight on. Im a recovering bulimic abt 15 yrs since and one thing to do is find if u can some informatin on local gyms and walking each day i know when u feel bad excercuse lifts mental fisress i was inspired by someone to go for it join a gym on dun. Inm 43. Good luch xxxxx

• Posted

Wow sorry dont think i wore my reading glasses wen i typed the above post xx excuse my spelling mistakes lol xx
  • Posted

Hey you

Ya know I wanna give you the biggest hug right now ya know beauty as you perceive it is skin deep right? What makes someone beautiful is their nature

Let me give you an example which you bring up in your story you said you use to own a room although you gross your self out now

This to me is reversed you see I've always been a chatting person friendly etc not much to look at I'm no oil painting ya know although I wasn't painted by Picasso either however women rarely took notice of me

That's going back maybe a year I started to use the gym and what made me sick was the attention I got from people thereafter I get a lot of attention from women I know what they want etc and so never fall for it it's not me they want is the fact I'm in good shape kinda a trophy if you like

I don't disageee the attention is flattering however it's also so difficult to determine what someone is really after the motive behind the attention ya know

The point I'm making is vanity doesn't not make a person beautiful and it doesn't always make people happy sometimes it makes things a lot harder

Remember this saying I live by it if I'm not good enough at my worst you don't deserve me at my best

That saying carries a good message the people that ignore you now or seem not to notice you they are superficial what you need is to remember it when you get to your goal which you will you get to make them feel as invisible as they have made you feel that's peptic justice for you

I'm not sure if you have any medical conditions or anything that effect your exercise but I was a trained chef so it you need a real good diet plan and a light exercise program inbox me and I'll help you get started and get you onto the road of recovery in a healthy way x

Thinking of you mike stay strong Hun x

• Posted

Haha your a different kettle of fish hahaha don't think you sucking up like this going to make your gym trip any easier hahahaha xx message you later I'll text you later xx I'm just going to hit the gym for a while gotta keep fighting fit right if I'm going to win the fight with depression at times it feels like it's useing 9 ounce gloves and I've only a 4 ounce pair lol as with any fight it's best to avoid the blows than to take them lol x

• Posted

Definately always been told about its benefits for depression. Shuda listened yrs ago hey xx just had seperate issues with goin the gym. But tym to bute the bullet xxx
    • Posted

Bite even* shud wear my specs to msg!
    • Posted

amanda, so glad you have the courage to join the gym! i envy you...i'm too insecure about my appearance. unti my mid fifties, i've had mostly a slim body...now i'm overweight and worried about other's perception of me. i know that sounds trivial. but i cant help myself being ashamed

• Posted

Ive been the same laura since as many yrs as i can remember. Its a hard pill to swallow but i want my life to b better i gotta try xxxx
    • Posted

i just replied to you..then i lost the post. i'm not the best on a laptop. bless you and your determination! you've got me thinking of doing the same. i just wish it was easier for me. i think if i had a chubby friend to keep me company...i wouldn't feel so stupid. isn't depression awful on our low self esteem? but you're fighting it. good for you!!!

• Posted

Aw dont worry im not v technical either. Thanks so much for your post it means the world .xx honestly its taken yrs for me to even try but ive had one work out tday already lol just dun the weeds in front gdn. Needed doin for weeks but not had the energy. But anxious tday as im onnly 11 days into a new anti d and end of the one i was on 14 yrs so that kept me busy xx try join a ladies only class laura u will feel less self concious. I think if we didnt constantly have made up cdlebs everywhere u look looking god damn perfect maybe we wud see ourselves as everyday women. Thats my view of where it started anyway. Good luck huni. Xxx ♡♡
    • Posted

amanda you helped me feel better. you really understand my feelings...thank you for that. a woman's class doesn't sound like a bad idea, i will look for one. glad you accomplished some chores around the house today. give yourself a pat on the back, you are doing better. just hang in there, and i'll pray your new meds do an awsome job. gotta give it a little more time. best wishes for you!

• Posted

you will find the motivation from somware if you want to be slimmer,me personaly think you are who you are and if no1 else likes it then thats there problem not mine,we all have 1 life so be and say what you want ,but never hurt any1 but always be truthfull,you will be fine you just need to get the get up and go

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.