Skip a heartbeat?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey everyone!

I was just wondering how frequent (if at all) you skip a heartbeat thats is associated with your ME?

As for me sometimes I feel it when I lay down in bed - it almost feeling like its jumping for a beat or two! Then other times it feels like a flutter.

What are your experiences?

Donna x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

yeah i get this as well donna, when i am on my side it seems to happen the most and it always really worrys me! My heart always beats flat out most the time so this also worrys me, But having said that hasnt been as bad since the doctor put me on beta blockers!
  • Posted

Hi folks

Yes, I've had this for years - ever since I had ME the first time. It started off as a flutter but is now quite a strong sensation. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does, it usually goes on for several days. I've been checked over and all seems fine - and I'm still alive!! But it is a strange sensation, but all part of the jolly ME! :roll:

Well, the wedding was perfect - even the weather was kind to us thank goodness. I didn't feel too bad on the day and managed quite well - but felt my face looked tired which will be most attractive in the photos!! :roll:

But I am now trying to recover - I feel as if someone has sandpapered my throat and implanted marbles in neck, underarms and groin :oops: and then stamped all over me in the night. So I am just taking things really quietly now - having said that my daughter and new husband will shortly be delivering their very bouncy Staff dog and indoor cat on us for two weeks, whilst they go to Barbados! :dog::cat: - my hubbie and I are secretly thinking of booking them into a local kennels and cattery - at least they won't be able to tell on us!!!

Hope everyone is okay - it's still very slow trying to make a posting - I think we are all in danger of falling asleep before doing so. :zzz:

Katie x smile

• Posted

Hi All

At last something i don't have (as yet)! :D My heart seems regular but if it stops I'll let you know.. :shock:

Glad the wedding went well Katie. Take it easy this week now :doctor:

I have done quite well surviving the ball kicking thingy and half term :lol:

Back at work today so will see how I feel tonight :roll:

Hope you are all ok (ish) :wink:

Dale xxx

• Posted

Hi All

Yes me too, but ive had them long befor i got M.E, although they are worse now, im ok unless im laying down, then it feels like someones knocking my bed hard, its shakes my whole body, but ive too being and had it tested, although they did say i was boarderline on my ECG just have to keep my eye on it

Glad your daughters wedding day went well Katie, really pleased for you all, as said before just take it easy for a while now

Still laughing at Dales comment on his heart beat "if it stops ill let you know"

Take care

Jay xox

• Posted

Glad I made you laugh, Jay :lol:

My heart nearly stopped today. On my way back from the school run my car was rear-ended by an idiot woman who had not realised I had stopped :evil:

Spent all morning sorting out insurance and trying to head off a full blown stress attack! :weird:

I seem ok but my car is poorly :doctor:

Dale xxx

• Posted

Hi, well I've finally got here, but how long before I get kicked out remains to be seen.

Yes, I get the palpitations too, sometimes more than others.

Today as well, my chiropractor has agreed with my GP that I most probably also had Fibromyalgia. I am going to try and post about it but just thoughtI'd get that in, in case I get chucked out in a minute. :roll:

Katie, your wedding photos are gorgeous. HOpe you soon recover well. smile

Love Alisia x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.