Skipped heartbeats

Posted , 6 users are following.

All started in 2003 when I passed out and was diagnosed with a very slow heartbeat. My heart had a completely closed artery but had done its own bypass so the blood flow was good. I was implanted with a pacemaker and am now on my second battery life. Started feeling skipped beats and the pacemaker acting almost like a holter monitor pick them up and they said they were not the dangerous type. They occur mostly when I am inactive and are occupied with pain on my left side from my neck down to my stomach. I feel very inflamed. My breathing is fine but I do get anxiety because of these skipped beats. Has anybody had this type of experience and what advise would you give me on my next step. Thanks .

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Well, not exactly considered an advice, but I personally suffer health anxiety - cardiophobia. Experienced sudden fast and strong heart beat, it could have been AFib, but my heart tests were all fine and still i suffer from and recently i experience skipped or extra beat (same) frequently though my heart is fine. I am sure that it is caused by anxiety. Tomorrow i will buy "magnesium" supplement which i heard from people that it fixed their "skipped beats".

• Posted

Thanks for the reply and I will try magnesium also so it is advice. Hope it works for both of us. Thanks again.
  • Posted

I am 21 and got diagnosed with bradycardia too. According to

my holter monitor, my resting heartbeat is around 34. Anyways, I have heart arrhythmia too and that does not help anything at all. My doctor said that the arrhythmia was fine and it wouldn't hurt

anything. 2 weeks later I am in the back of an ambulance with

cardiac arrest. Cardiologists think that it might be because of the skipped beats and slow heart rate combined...

• Posted

Resting heart rate of 39 - Ectopic beats....Dr said they were abnormal but regular....so, nothing at all to worry about.....Later at home, sweating profusely, central chest pain....difficulty breathing....feeling sick...999 call..Paramedics attend - do ECG,,,make a RED call for an ambulance..Taken to .A&E then CCU....I just love those "Nothing to worry about" statements - tick box medicine of today doesn't work, cant beat Doctors who have long term experience who don't rely on computers.   Sometimes it isn't a panic attack!!! so always get checked out properly.....

• Posted

Couldn't agree with you more. Sometimes I think I'm fortunate to have a pacemaker as I'm checked out every three months and if I have problems or concerns they have me come in and get a reading quickly. Thanks for your reply Ivanoff and I hope you are doing well.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply - Permanent headaches from all the meds now....they say the headaches will subside....haven't...seeing Cardiologist again today...probably for more tabs....keeping the drugs industry in business but at least I'm still here...Best Wishes, keep well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.