Skipped heartbeats, help please

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I experiance the occasional skipped heartbeat every now and again and I do have anxiety and sometimes they are tiny and I can barely feel them but sometimes they are so strong. And other times I have 2 or 3 fast ones in a row although its more rare for that y too happen. Does anyone else get the 2 in a row or sometimes just flutters for a few seconds. I have been to docs and hospital and had ECG and blood tests and they say its fine. Waiting on a echo to look at structure as a precaution. They say it's anxiety but this past month I have felt so bad with anixety and had hardly any skipped heartbeats? So how can that be if its anxiety related? Then today I felt fine and then I got one and then I got up and moved and had another few one was stronger than the others. Is this normal?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have had skipped heart beats or flutters for a long time and told by a Dr many years ago they were nothing to be concerned about. 7 months ago they got worse and 1 large flutter caused me to black out for a couple of seconds.

The flutters continue every now and again and take my breath away. No more passing out but i get headaches with them and it feels pretty scary.

I have had so many tests including ECG, Echo and Angiogram but results are always fine. I now have an implanted heart monitor which will stay in for up to 2 years. It monitors 24/7. Since implanted i have identified 3 episodes of bad flutters accompanied by headaches but nothing has been recorded from my heart. Its all normal.

I think it may all be linked to anxiety as my job is stressful.

This posting maybe not much help but you are not alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.