skipping a period

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I am 49 years old (will turn 50 in April). Have been getting my periods up until Nov (Nov 18 to be exact), and they usually come right at expected time. However, I skipped my period completely in December. I am having all the usual PMS signs this month but still nothing. Has anyone experience this?

Thanks,

PS>> I am not preganant if that is what you might be wondering wink

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Im the same age, also facing the big 50 in April!, Sounds like me, I was as regular as clockwork since forever, and then all of a sudden it all changed. I was either on permanently or didnt have one for a few months. Still very erractic, get the PMS as you but not always the period to follow. Just waiting till they stop completely. Good luck smile

• Posted

Thanks Shaz. This happened to me suddenly too. I was so regular up unitl Nov. and then this. My mom also said she used get the PMS right at its regular time but no the period itself. Just a quick question: what do you mean when you say " It was either on permanently"?

• Posted

Ooh yes welcome to perimenopause (menopause is 12 months without a period). I am 50 in July and my periods have been all over the place since April last year, even without an actual 'show' i get pms symptoms the worse was anxiety. I take agnus castus and bio identical hormone cream which helps. Most important thing to remember is its a natural transition it happens to every women who ovulates in her life, go withit, if you skip a period then look at it as a bonus no need for tampons etc that month, try not to worry or stress it feeds perimenopause symptoms. If you need any advice ask on here they all are really helpful and reassuring

• Posted

Thanks for the encouragement. Yes, I think that is it I am going through perimenopause. I guess the sudden onset caught me surprise as I was always on time. I am experiencing anxiety too. As you said that's part of being a woman and frnakly the less period the happier I will be wink

• Posted

Normal to miss periods during perimenopause. After 12 mos. missed you are said to be in Menopause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.