Skipping a pill?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone

I have recently started taking Orlistat and I am sticking to the recommended fat intake for all of my meals, however, sometimes my fiance cooks and there's a little more fat than is recommended (like maybe 25g in a meal instead of 15)

I wondered if anyone has experience of skipping the tablet for one meal to allow a slightly higher fat meal once in a while, but sticking to them the rest of the time?

Obviously I know that it will slow things down a bit as you won't get the fat binding effect for that meal, but I'm talking about once every couple of weeks, and for me there has to be a balance. I don't want to tell my partner that we can't enjoy a meal he wants to cook whilst I'm on these pills.

So my question is can you plan for a higher fat meal and skip a pill to avoid side effects? Would you need to skip the whole day of pills to not get the side effects? Does it build up in your system and would you still get the side effects anyway?

Thanks for any ideas - interested in people's experiences.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I think you could try and lower the dosage. The higher the dosage the more likely you will experience side effects. You may also need to change medication if the one you are on, causes major problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.