Skipping heartbeat

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi....ladies

I am in perimenpause and I start getting skipping heartbeats. Have anybody get this if so how often you get it, is it everyday that you feel that skipping heartbeats.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

yes lots have this.  
    • Posted

Sorry I was not very clear.  These skip heart beats are usually menopausal related. It usually comes with anxiety.  Anxiety is common in peri or menopause.  You could have them many times a day.  Perhaps so  subtle you don't even notice.  But its unnerving.  I take magnesium.  Everybody needs magnesium.  I also take calcium.  If you have bad anxiety you can take something like xanax in a very small dose.  Don't use caffeine.  I drink herbal tea especially ones which promote calmness.  Exercise helps to get rid of anxiety.  Relaxation cd's.  A glass of red wine. But just one and don't mix medication with alcohol ever.  Sometimes people use alcohol to stop anxiety but it does not work.

If you had a heart condition I think they would notice it in the dr's office.  Or you would have other symptoms.  Anxiety can be horrible.  Just be able to recognize it.  There is a really good book.  Anxiety & Phobia Workshop Book.  I fount it really helpful.  Hope this helps.  

• Posted

Hi Hun, I get it, absolutely horrible, I’ve been getting them everyday for the last couple of weeks...
  • Posted

Me too Kim, my heart went mad night before it started racing and I felt it I'm my tummy too and I jump out of bed and went to the loo for a walk Lol...then went back to bed and sleep on my right side so I wouldn't hear it.

• Posted

I had this in the beginning. Really bad. Went to the ER four times thinking I was having a heart attack. Went to a heart doc, all was ok. It’s def hormonal related whether it’s due to the drop in them or anxiety from it. Most of us have had these. But maybe get it checked just in case. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.