Skull and scalp tension with stiff neck

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've suffered on and off for years with tension type scalp pain, usually accompanied by anxiety episodes/stressful periods. It eases off over time but is now back with a vengeance, to add to this I now have a stiff neck on one side from years of co-sleeping/device usage etc... I have been to multiple osteos/chiros/physios over the years and they all just say how tight my neck is. Nothing has really helped and now I feel dizzy to make it worse, I dread going to bed as I know it's another night tossing and turning in pain and so now feel exhausted too. Has anyone had any luck reducing the pain? It literally feels like an axe through my skull at times. I don't get on with anti depressants and getting seen at the Dr's lately is near on impossible, especially after many past visits that just advise tension. I have a MRI referral after spending a fortune seeing a private spine Dr but I need some daily pain relief!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi Danielle. I might be having the same at the moment. how does your pain feel like? Mine is like a constant pressure on top of my head as if someone is squeezing hard. I dont get any of it when I sleep though just during waking hours. paracetamol doesnt help much. the pressure comes and goes. I feel like I would need a valve to remove pressure from the top of my brain that bad it feels .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.