Sleep

Posted , 4 users are following.

I did it! I slept most of the night :D

Now I don't know if it is because I took my citalopram in the morning yesterday or if it's because I took 4 Kalm sleep tablets last night as directed on the bottle.

I was woken up by the baby crying at 8am but unlike other mornings I didn't wake with painful muscles. Well apart from my shoulders, but I guess those muscles are going to take sometime to recover from all the tension.

Instead I feel very relaxed, in fact my arms and legs feel like lead weights!

I will continue taking the citalopram in the mornings and kalm sleeps at night for a few more days then leave the kalms off and see what happens.

The only problem I had taking the citalopram in the morning was that yesterday my moods where all over the place, fine one minute at odds with the world the next. Still. they say all that wears off after a couple of weeks, don't they? So I think I can handle a few more days up and down.

Has anyone else tried kalm sleep tablets? If so, did they work for you and does anyone know if they are okay to take with citalopram? I don't see my GP again until Friday, but will ask her then.

Hope everyone else is okay.

Melbi x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Melbi, Im so glad you have managed to get some sleep. I had a good night last night after 5 weeks of taking 20mgs. My GP stopped me from using Bachs Flower Remedy, I dont know why, but she said it would interact with Citalopram. I think if something works and you feel alright the decision is yours.. Good Luck Margaret
  • Posted

smile Good Melbi!! I managed 4 hrs.... quite good for me!!! As soon as you start to sleep, hopefully your mind will rest and your outlook on life will improve...I hope!!!! Oh god....ive forgotten what i was going to say>>>>nope...lost it!!!! :roll: :roll: I still get tension pains across the top of my arms but they are not so bad now!!! Keep in touch Melbi, keep us posted on how you are doing, luv Tiny Tears. smile
  • Posted

If it's any help, I take dosulepin, and also Lloyds Chemist \"Sleep Easy\" tabs, I tried Kalms, but they didn't do anything. Have tried all sorts, (Nytol (crap) and Lavender oil (smells nice but no noticable effect) and, yes, I was told not to use Bach Flower remedies, too. I found Valerian Tea really good, but it tastes unbelievably disgusting, but, hey, who cares if it works! :P
  • Posted

Hi :D

So glad you 3 managed some sleep too. Doesn't it make a difference?

I have felt much better today :D

Done some washing, cooked a Sunday lunch, visited my mum, went for a long walk now I've just had a quick tidy round again so it's all tidy for the morning.

I took the citalopram this morning again but havent had the same mood swings as I did yesterday (could it be because I slept last night?)

I don't think the Kalm sleeps have had any adverse affects so will definitely be trying them again tonight. If I can get a couple more good nights in I'll try dropping the kalms.

Hope you have all had a good day too!

love

Melbi x

• Posted

Hi Melbi, its good to hear you are getting on better!!! So good! I hope you keep it up so you can enjoy your new family together smile Luv Tiny Tears, sorry, I am not thinking clearly....my tummy is starting to cramp up again! I dont know, if I was to choose between being a man or a woman....I dont know what I would choose....I just hate this part! :lol: Its worth it coz we can nurture our children more, nut ouch...I have not had pain like this in a while!!!! Oh wellnevermind!!! Take care of you...Tiny Tears. ps , so glad to hear you got some rest!
  • Posted

Unfortunately it was short lived :cry:

Took forever Sunday night to fall asleep despite having been on the go all day!

Managed about 3 hours sleep. Then last night fell asleep fairly quickly but woke at 2:20am and had several anxiety attacks, heart racing, very tense and even vomited.

Would that be the tablets? I mean why wake from sleep and have these attacks? I'm not aware of having been dreaming or anything.

On a positive note, I think the tablets are starting to work, although tense most of the time, I am now able to tell myself to relax and do so, okay, admittedly it doesn't last very long before I'm all tensed up again but at least I'm getting some short relief from the muscle spasms caused by being permanently tensed up. I even had a couple of short periods of no neck/back/shoulder pain yesterday.

Having had a brilliant day Sunday I thought my next visit to the doctor would be to say how great I am now feeling and can I be signed off and go back to work. Seems it was a false alarm :cry:

I am still only on 10mg of citalopram, will she increase my dose or leave me on that to see how things go? It will be 2 weeks this coming Monday that I started taking them. I plan on going back this Friday rather than the Monday.

Hey, by the way - look at me! I am now a fully fledged member lol.

Looks like you lot are stuck with me :oops:

Hope you are all doing well - keeping strong.

love

Melbi x

• Posted

Oh no...you were sick :?: :?: Poor you....it takes me a lot to vomit...even when stuffing fingers down my throat!!! Anyway, I hope your symptons pass.. I have had nights like that in the past to...now I sleep on and off!!!! My heart does not race as much either! Hope you get better...try and get some rest today, take care, katyx Ps [b:74c5a9540f]I NEED CHOCOLATE!![/b:74c5a9540f]
  • Posted

Kalms work for me.  One a night.

Ocassionally they don't.

No side effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.