Sleep

Posted , 7 users are following.

does anyone else have the same problem as me I have days when I have to go to bed as I cannot stay awake. Does anyone know what I can do please please help!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rose I have only recently been diagnosed and I can definitely say I know how your feeling. I go to bed at 8 every night after struggling all day with fatigue and am still tired all day. I have had to see occupational health as not coping with my full time job. I know fibro people suffer from tiredness but also talk to your GP as you may have cfs on top which is chronic fatigue. Get as much rest as you can and take care of yourself x
  • Posted

Exercise for the energy...take vitamins...eat foods that are healthy..

I find fatty foods drag me down and make me tired.  I am prone to eat fatty foods because I LOVE them...and on those days I am sluggish.

Right now I am deciding what to eat this morning...the choices...go to McDonalds and get a sausage, egg and cheese sandwich...

OR...tough it out ....eat a yogurt...and then some blueberries...make it till 12pm and then make a Burger...with mushrooms and cheese.

IF...I eat the McDonalds...i will want to take a nap around 11.

Then when you are taking a nap you are not buring energy...nor are you storing energy.

I'm going to take a vitamin C right now....and my daily antidepressent..go to the store and get the yogurt.

• Posted

Hi rose, it's unusual if i don't have a sleep during the day.. i have to or i feel awfull all day.. it's the only way i get through a full one. Even if it's only a half hour to 45 mins i still that rest.

I really don't know anything that can make you feel less tired but if you find something that works let me know. 

x

• Posted

I'm lucky I can fall asleep during the day. I litterly have to tire myself soo much to have that luxury. 

• Posted

Hi Rose,

i have exactly the same problem, sometimes I can sleep for 20 hours or more a day, I thought it was due to my meds so I reduced my intake of Oramorph to see if this would help. Not a great amount of difference but I do find that if I go outside for a short walk it wakes me up enough to stay awake for an hour, so you could go out for a little walk every hour. Hope this helps you

• Posted

Hi Rose; yes this is a common factor for us, too.   It is strange, but for some reason, I actually have more energy in the evening, and that I DO need a daily rest of around 2 hours, and then feel ready to go until after dinner.   I once researched and found that some researchers say that we don't make enough Melatonin, hence do not achieve a restorative sleep during the REM stage?   This could be true, and some bloggers have said they drink Cherry Juice to assist this, and I have taken Melatonin supplements (only a certain brand works for me)...and I  always buy Cherries when in shops.....I am not sure if this is of any help to you, but is worth a try                                         Bron

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.